Beauty oils are trending hugely in the beauty world right now and for good reason, I really believe they are here to stay. However, there seems to be a lot of misconceptions of beauty oils; Won’t they make my skin greasy? Will they cause breakouts? Do they work as well as high-tech, cream textured or serums? Long story short, the answer to all of those questions is no.
Give oily skin a taste of its own medicine. Using oil on already oily skin helps manage the pore-clogging microscopic glands in our skin that secrete oil, called sebum. Our skin produces oils to lubricate and waterproof our skin and hair, sometimes the sebum just decides to release more oil than we desire.
Oils won’t leave your skin looking and feeling greasy, instead you’ll be glowing. Oils are packed with moisture and give radiance to lackluster complexions without leaving a greasy residue. One of things I love most about oils is that in comparison to some lotions they don’t feel nearly as heavy and they really absorb into the skin.
If you’re familiar with eyelash extensions, you know that you can’t use any oil-based makeup removers because it will remove the eyelash adhesive. This is because oils are one of the most effective and delicate ways to remove makeup, dirt and bacteria from the skin, making beauty oils great cleansers.
The Fab Benefits of Beauty Oils:
- Most beauty oils have aromatherapy benefits depending on their formulation and scent, they can boost or calm your mood.
- Beauty oils keep your skin hydrated all day long because they retain moisture.
- You can use and apply beauty oils day or night
- They give your skin a glow without looking or feeling greasy and won’t leave any residue
- Beauty oils have anti-aging properties and can reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles thanks to all the antioxidants they are packed with
- Add a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner while in the shower for silky hair
- Apply some oil to your wrists and collar bones before spraying on your perfume to make the scent last longer